The death of a child can cause parents to re-examine their most fundamental beliefs. As they wrestle with difficult questions, they often feel a strong sense of isolation. EVERMORE is proud to offer a way for parents of all faith perspectives to come together in a safe and supportive environment to share in traditions and rituals that honor those they lost.
In Silence & Solidarity
Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017
Location: The Friends Meeting of Washington DC (Quakers)
2111 Florida Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008-1912
If you are interested in helping us plan our next event, please send us an email at email@example.com.
In 2016, EVERMORE co-hosted its inaugural interfaith memorial in Washington, D.C. in partnership with the InterFaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington, Children's National Medical Center, and Howard University Hospital. We shared traditions from a wide spectrum of beliefs to provide parents a rich array of ways to honor their child and foster a sense of community and unity among all in attendance. We hope that you will consider joining us next year.
All photos were generously provided by Dev Berry Photography.
2016 Religious Leadership
- Reverend Ciara Simonson (Christianity), Disciples of Christ
- Imam Talib Shareef (Islam), Masjid Muhammad, The Nation's Mosque
- Father Evelio Menjivar (Catholicism), Pastor of Our Lady Queen of the Americas
- Glendora Meyers (Buddhism), IMCW/MTTI affiliate teacher and practitioner
- Siva Subramanian (Hinduism), Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
- Sabrina Sojourner (Judaism), Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Hannah Salander (Judaism), Jewish Spiritual Director, Alliance for Jewish Renewal, and Golden Willow Retreat
2016 Musical Leadership: Threshold Singers of Washington DC
- Bernie Alston
- Amy Angel
- Kadija Ash
- Janet Booth
- Mary Bowers
- Leslie Kostrich