Each year thousands of American families face long-term psychological, spiritual, social, physical, and occupational hardships following the loss of a child. These hardships create challenges, in many cases, insurmountable for parents, families, and caregivers.
EVERMORE is building a movement that fosters hope and solidarity among families, empowers communities, and changes our nation’s culture following the death of a child at any age and from any cause.
- We believe every child counts, young or old, before independent life has begun or as an octogenarian, every grieving parent deserves support.
- We believe every community organization—public or private—has a role to play.
- We believe our nation can, and must, do better for bereaved families.
- Keep parents and families at the center of all we do.
- Garner the respect and trust of parents, families, donors, and all we encounter.
- Ensure our engagements and efforts are universally respectful of individual circumstances and cultures.
- Honor the legacies of children and families from all walks of life.
Regardless of how and when death comes, losing a child is always too soon and accompanied by lifelong grief. Drawn from scientific evidence, EVERMORE is working to build a more holistic societal support system, implement policies that help parents and families during a time of deep pain, and advance the science of parent and family bereavement. While nothing can replace or diminish the lifetime of pain parents and families experience, our hope is that the information, resources, and tools we provide will support parents in their quest for purpose and peace.